Sunday, April 20, 2008

I love LA (we love it)

I visited LA for the first time this past weekend. I'm not sure I love LA. This might surprise you from the heading of this post, but it's true. Too much traffic, too much pollution, too many strip malls with nail salons, too many guys on corners holding signs pointing to a nearby furniture sales, too much traffic (did I mention that already?)

But I loved visiting my family in LA for the first time!

More on the trip later, as I'm exhausted from the long drive back home, but here were a few highlights:

- Meeting my twin cousins Ryan and Sydney for the first time
- Seeing my big cousing Sam hit a grand slam in his little league game! To be honest, the official scorekeeper (possibly that creepy guy in the back corner with a camera and pad) probably called it a single with a three base error, but what does he know!
- My first Passover Seder, where I heard, in extreme summary, how my forebears were delivered from Egypt by Charlton Heston, who then sent all of the slave lawyers back to bondage for not supporting the right to kill with guns.
- Meeting Bodhi, Shai and Kate, the children of my parents' friends. It's good to know I'll have friends my age in L.A. to crash with when I come down trolling for women during my 20's!

Here are a few pictures...

I loved this little purple lizard (NOT Barney) who played Rappers Delight (a hip a hop a hippy and a hoppy...)




My cousins at the Seder! Not sure what was up with the matching camoflauge jammies...


Me and Grandpa!












Me, Grandma and Grand Slam Sam



Me and Aunt Carin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to say that having Spencer here was a joy and the kids miss him terribly!!! (And Aunt Melissa and Uncle Jon, too, of course)