Saturday, October 25, 2008

Palin in charge of the Senate? Say it ain't so, Joe.

It's official. One of the two vice presidential candidates is officially a moron, and it's not Joe Biden. And the veep candidates for the crazy minor-party candidates don't count in this quiz. I can bet you that Ted Kennedy had a Dunkin' Donuts-induced heart attack when he heard the news that Sarah Palin said that she'd be his boss if McCain won. Of course, then he remembered his 3rd grade constitution class and realized she 's whacked. Apparently at Sarah's 3rd grade civics class, they spent too much time teaching about how the 2nd amendment (right to bear arms) was added so that early Americans could defend themselves against velociraptors. She probably also believes that Americans have the right to remove the arms from actual grizzly bears and do whatever they want with them. A little free investment advice: if Palin wins, invest in bear prosthetics. This comes from a baby who, because his father has been too lazy to set up a 529 plan yet, didn't lose a penny in the market crash. So you can trust me more than that mad money nut Jim Cramer.

You'll notice in the upper right hand corner of my website a bunch of my favorite links. One of them is the UVA sports page. Today UVA's football team upset ranked Georgia Tech for their 4th straight victory, puting them at the top of the standings in the ACC's coastal division. This is a team that a month ago was destroyed by both UConn and Duke - I'm not talking basketball here! - and now they can't lose. Now I'm not deluded enough to believe that UVA's team is any good - they're in the ACC, after all, and the ACC is just terrible this year. But for all you UVA fans out there, this is the exact REVERSE of what we expect from the Wahoos - start out 7-0 and THEN collapse to end the season. It's exciting but frustrating. Wouldn't surprise me if UVA won every game to finish the season, and then look back and realize they should have been 11-1, with the only loss to USC.

For anyone who is not a UVA football fan, my apologies for boring you with that missive.

Oh, a little bit about the star of the blog: me. I'm eating lots of different foods these days - ground turkey, whole wheat pasta, lentils, pluots, eggs, you name it. But I'm clearly a normal American boy. I just don't like broccoli, just like George Bush 1 (please let this be the only comparison anyone ever makes between me and a George Bush). Here's my dad trying to pull one over on me by trying to sneak broccoli into my mouth when I was enjoying some yummy pears. You may need to watch this a couple of times to truly understand my annoyance at my dad feeding me something I so obviously dislike...



I'll post a bit more tomorrow when I can upload some more photos of myself...

Love,
Spencer

No comments: