Sunday, September 14, 2008

BURP

I'm frustrated.

This whole Sarah Palin thing has gotten out of control. I'm quite frankly sick and tired of the double talk by conservative pundits and talk show hosts, about how she's a great candidate for all the qualities about which just months ago they were panning potential democratic veep candidates. I'm also sick and tired of hearing her say the exact same lines over and over and over again from a teleprompter. Congrats, Sarah...you can read. You've got one on me there. That doesn't mean you can govern the nation. Although I'll admit that reading is one skill I'm not sure the current President had when he started in office.

There are just SO many little snippets of fact that point towards my thesis that she will be even more drunk with power than Bush and Cheney have been. Some are well known but still ignored by the crazies on the right. She took per diems when staying in her own house? Did she write herself a bill for the mooseburgers she grilled on her George Foreman? And she tried to politically fire a librarian? Since when are librarians political positions? It's not like it was the Secretary of Libraries or something. Not to mention the whole TrooperGate thing (which sounds like a Star Wars play set; it's on my Hanukkah list).

But you heard it here first: I predict that eventually news will come out that she either bribed or blackmailed the boy that got her daughter pregnant to get him to propose so she could say they're getting married...and by December the engagement will be off. So says Spencerdamus. Can't wait for the National Enquirer to cite this blog in next week's issue.

This Palin scares me pale...in. If she's elected, I'm positive that when I get to first grade, all the textbooks will say that the universe is 5,500 years old and Genghis Khan killed all of the dinosaurs. And that's crazy. We all know that god planted dinosaur bones to test our faith.

I've decided to start a new club: Babies United in Revulsion of Palin, or BURP. If you want to join, we'll be meeting every week to discuss the curiosity that so many Americans seem to think that she's qualified to be the US Vice President, when even an infant can see that she's in way over her...dare I say...pay grade. If some adults could join, I'd appreciate it, since some of the charter members can't crawl yet, so we need help getting to the meetings.

We're going to have a huge baby party for the first Palin / Biden debate. Here's my prediction for some of what's going to be said:


Moderator: Governor Palin, with Russia increasingly seeking to re-establish its regional dominance through military means, how would you as a national leader work to resolve any future issues the Russian government has with Georgia?

Palin: Georgia...do you mean the state or the Soviet province? You know, I can smell Russia from my husband's snow machine.

Biden (to Palin): What are you doing here? (to audience) Are you people serious?? This is embarrassing.


WIth all that said, the only thing that can get us through the next 50 or so days is...the knowledge that every few days you can see new, unbelievably adorable pictures and videos of one Spencer Weinberg!

Here's one of my favorites! Lately, I've really been practicing pulling myself up to stand...and I think I've mastered it! Video to come on this one, but here I am in the process of climbing Mt. Mommy.









Here's a little circus trick I've learned - that's me hanging from my dad's fingers. He's not holding me up at all - really! - I'm just holding on for dear life...and then, of course, when I drop, it's so much fun to tumble!!




And he didn't do it just that one time...








I still love sitting in my Spencer chair! It's my new favorite place to feed myself from a bottle.











You know, sometimes a kid just gets really, really hungry.







Love,
Spencer

No comments: