Wednesday, March 31, 2010

big boy bed! big boy bed!

Say that 10 times fast. And then scream that at the top of your lungs outside your window, because...I'm not making this up...I slept in my big boy bed for the first time on this past Saturday night! Yes, set your outlook reminders to March 27, which will be forever known as Big Boy Bed day, and will probably be a French workman's holiday by next year. Yes, French people are lazy workers. And I don't even wipe my own butt, so that's a serious diss coming from me.

Here I am on the first of what will probably be a long string of nights on a big boy bed, with the possible exception of most of college.


First my mom jumped into bed with me.







Then we read a book.



Note that my mom's reading me "Once Upon a Potty"...yes, worst fairy tale ever, I know....but a note to mom: one big advancement at a time please!




Then a bit of water....






And bingo, I was off to dreamland, courtesy of Pottery Barn Kids.





Yes, the whole setup is Pottery Barn Kids. What is a Pottery Barn anyway? What kind of farmer also does pottery? Where does a farmer find the time for pottery with all those cows to milk in his barn? Makes no sense to me. If I ever decide to start a moderately trendy retail shop, I'm going to name it something with two random words strung together, like the Coffee Igloo, or the Tuxedo Silo, or even the Furniture Yert.

So what else...hmmm...well we had passover seder at our house this year, and my friends Toby, Zander and Zoe came by with parents in tow so we could all have grape juice and go on a sugar rampage through the house.

Here's my first matzo of the year... and thank goodness probably the last.





And look who's at the head spot at the table!!






And who is this Elijah character and when does he come in???







Oh! And lookie who found the afikoman!


I had the home field advantage for sure. It was funny to see how all the parents were like..."come on kid, find it, make dad proud." Uh, we're like 2 years old, and there's no such thing as a professional afikoman finder, although "Professional Afikoman Finder" does sound like a good title for the next Michael Chabon novel. All the kids got presents though. That's good form to prevent major meltdowns.

So Happy Passover to all and a Happy Easter to all others, and I leave you with the appearance of a song...




Love,
Spencer

No comments: