Sunday, January 25, 2009

Vacation!!

Life in the fast lane is hard for a baby (feel free to start humming "It's hard out here for a pimp"). So to get away from all the pressures society heaps on a type-A infant, I spent the last week in Zihuatanejo, Mexico with my parents. And I can honestly say that, at a consistent 75-85 degrees and sunny, it beats the heck out of a dreary San Francisco winter. Hammocks, plunge pools, steps from the beach, diapers changed by Mexican pageant queens and bottles of ambrosia cooked by ancient Mayan princesses - not a bad life.

I loved it!

In fact, I was so excited, I couldn't wait to pack and leave San Francisco!





I was there with my new friend Jacob, who's about a half year older than me, which made it so fun for me to try to keep up with him.







I love the sand. I love walking in the sand, playing in the sand, eating the sand, throwing sand, getting it in my ears so it takes days to clean it out - you name it, if there's sand involved, it's for me.












The grass isn't so bad, either, though....





I'm a huge fan of hammocks. I know my parents are, too. I think there's a serious business opportunity for the furniture maker who develops a hammock-based crib. I want a royalty for the idea, though!





Walking on the beach is hard work - and dangerous. Here's a quick clip...



On one of the beaches we ran into some little turtles. These little monsters freak me out!

But at least the turtles were less freaky than the pufferfish we almost tripped over...yuck!






I ate lots of new foods in Mexico, like refried beans, honey (finally!), and lime. Wait, lime? Am I serious? Yes.


It's official - I'll eat anything. But it's tough to say no to food when you're eating literally on the beach.






Here's a cute shot of everyone together before we had to leave - Carmit, Georges, Jacob, mom and dad and me!





I was so sad to go! I even tried to escape from the airport...






OK, just a few more shots. I just can't help myself!















All in all, it was a fantastic trip to my first foreign destination, but I'm back in the US now, and I have to admit that when I stepped off the plane in San Francisco last night (or, to be more accurate, when I was carried fast asleep off the plane...) the sense of HOPE was so pungent that it brought a sweet smile to my face. I wonder why...? :)

Love,
Spencer

ps: my family is so cute!


pps: did I mention that I'm officially 1 year old now? Yay!

No comments: