Sunday, November 16, 2008

I'm 10 months old today!

Yes, I'm still celebrating every monthly birthday. So sue me! As long as I still get presents for these "birthdays" I'm not stopping. Hey, wait, come to think of it... I didn't get a present today from my parents. What's up with that?

All you babies out there: I'm upset. After all we did for Barack - forming history's first baby PAC (Babies Behind Barack), coordinating million-baby crawls in major cities across the country, demanding change from our parents (although most of that was diaper-related) - has anyone noticed that not a single baby has been mentioned as a potential cabinet member? And I'm not counting John Kerry, who, truth be told, is a bit infantile. To be a bit self-centered, I think I would make an outstanding Secretary of Labor - after all, just 10 months ago I was responsible for 21 hours of labor (as my mom reminds me almost daily). So if I were made Secretary of Labor, how hard could taking notes for the Labor department be? Probably just a lot of screams and shrieks and cries for epidurals.

Now that I'm 10 months old, my parents have determined that I'm old enough to join the digital age. I finally have my own blackberry (well, during the time my dad's not using it...). A blackberry's like a thnead (from the Lorax) - which everyone needs. Not only can you send messages with it:









But also it tastes great with a bit of sugar and hummus:










One thing that's a bit upsetting to me is that I still don't have any teeth. I've heard that teeth can be very useful. I brush with my dad, but really that's just for show...










So I don't have teeth. I can live with that for now, because I know I'll get them and they'll be pristine and straight like Brad Pitt's or George Clooney's. My real hope, though, has been that I can have hair like them - you know, the kind of hair that make you want to go spend $250 to have a french whackjob named herve wash, cut and shape it into some creation that could have been designed by the angels themselves. I can tell you that my dad's brillo hair has never been shaped into anything except...well, brillo. But over the last month, my hopes have been dashed. I now present to you the beginnings of my curly, brillo hair. Ugh. So I guess I'll be more Jeff Goldlbum than Brad Pitt.



Oh well, maybe my teeth will be worthy of movie starlets.

Love,
Spencer

No comments: