Sunday, August 24, 2008

Take me out to the ballgame...

Perhaps the most exciting day of my very young life. And that's not hyperbole, because it's a relatively low bar - after all, I'm only 7 months old. I went to my first baseball game!

According to my Dad, this was the greatest anniversary present my Mom could have given to him. Even better than a new Playstation, or a year's supply of Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches.

Now I say I went to a baseball game, but given that it was the Giants against the Padres, who are a combined 30 games out of 1st place in the NL West, it was only marginally baseball (ouch!). I had such a good time! My Aunt Carin, Uncle Jeff and Cousins Sam, Ryan and Sydney were up in San Francisco to visit us, so they came to the game as well. Here I am at the game:
























I had SOOOO much fun with my cousins! They're totally silly.




















Here are a few more pictures from their visit, first my Aunt Carin making me laugh, then with my cousin Ryan!
























OK, so I can't finish off without commenting on the really big news this week. It's official. I've renamed my PAC. It's now Babies Behind Barack & Biden (BBB...&B). I have to say that I don't have a particularly strong opinion of Barack's choice of Joe Biden as a running mate. You can't turn on cable news channels without hearing about Biden's extensive foreign policy experience and his even more extensive ability to talk your ear off. But you know, Biden is just so...Delaware. Fine, Delaware has tax free shopping, but what else is there? What I'm saying here is Biden's foreign policy experience is essentially just tax free shopping. It saves you a bit of money, but you're only going to take advantage of it if you happen to be driving through from Maryland on your way to the Jersey Shore. But you might take a spin up through Pennsylvania just to avoid the tolls, and to visit Amish country.

Hey, I'm only 7 months old, don't blame me for making my metaphor Biden-length!

OK, I'm off of my high rocking horse.

Love,
Spencer

No comments: