Saturday, July 19, 2008

Yum!

Huge day yesterday. Just huge. In fact this whole week has been one filled with memorable occasions.

I ate food yesterday! Real food, not breast milk. Now I can stop feeling like a barn calf on animal planet.

Check these pics out!!


Here my mom is trying to remind me that I'm supposed to eat what's IN the box, not the box itself. Why do people feed babies lame food like rice cereal? If people on death row get lobster as their last meals, why do babies get porridge for their first one?




And here it is - me eating from a real spoon! I'd been watching my parents for months eat in front of me, and frankly tried to signal to them many times while we were up in Oregon on that I was ready to eat like a real human, so I was ready for action. I even grabbed the spoon from my mom and fed myself - seriously!

Here's a video, too...for those of you who want to see my mad eating skeelz:




I'm sorry, but I just have to comment on this video. My mom is clearly crazy. This must be what the textbooks say happens when a mom's hormones go haywire post-partum: first she goes mental over every little sniffle and cough her child has, and then she starts shrieking "yummy yummy food, yummy yummy food" in some kind of mouse voice as if her child were a pet with a 10th percentile pet IQ. But I'll keep her anyway, she's 99th percentile mom.

Here are a few more pictures of me looking so, so cute. Yes, I'm a conceited baby blogger...

I love playing in my exersaucer!

These three are left over from our trip to Oregon. In the first, I'm playing yet more mini-golf with my parents, this time being toted around with my dad. What's with my parents and mini-golf?







And here's an idyllic setting along Upper Lake Klamath, me and dad lounging under a tree, and me sitting in mom's lap. Reminds me of Little House on the Prairie, only without the preachiness.




Love,
Spencer

No comments: