Thursday, July 17, 2008

Obama raises $52M with help from BBB

Big news today from the political world. Barack raised $52M in june, more than twice the amount raised by John McCain ($22M). Not quite the $100M he'd set as his big goal, but still way more than the pundits were expecting.

What didn't make the news was that in addition to $52M, Barack received donations of 450 pacifiers and 340 sippy cups from ardent members of BBB. Separately, the McCain
campaign received 34 sets of dentures.

At this rate, if the election were delayed until next June, Barack could raise enough money to buy the island of Antigua and offer the presidency of that island to me. I think I'd make an enlightened despot for the people of Antigua. The only real law I'd impose would be that, upon demand, the nearest citizen would have to change my diaper. Beyond that, they could do what they want.

I forgot to post a picture the other day of my first bike ride! I didn't actually ride the bike - my sled-dad pulled me around while I sat in a little tent-on-wheels a few feet behind him.

I felt like the mother-in-law from the Jetsons - you remember how George Jetson's car had the separate seat in the back? If I really pushed this I could spin my entire ride into a civil rights violation...but it was a fun violation!

Love,
Spencer

No comments: