Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Am I past my prime?

You know what everyone says about parents, children and photography: parents take more pictures in the first month than they do in the rest of the kid's life total. And, despite the fact that Google had to build 3 new cloud computing centers just to house my parent's pictures of my birth (yuck!), I didn't believe that my parents would fall into this trap. How wrong could I have been!

Notice that I haven't posted a blog entry in over 3 weeks. I can tell you honestly, it's not for a lack of interesting political events that require - nay, that beg for - my commentary. Rush Limbaugh AND Dick Cheney dominating the conservative airwaves? Shouldn't they be flogging diet pills on late night infomercials instead? Arlen Specter leaving the republican party because the card-carrying republicans from the Alabama section of Pennsylvania wouldn't vote for him in the primaries? (Have you ever been to Alavania? It's scary. Deliverance scary. I would have used the contraction Pennsylbama, but that sounds too much like the part of PA that votes for Obama. Makes me wonder whether the Obama campaign team could have won Alabama by calling it AlObama? Although that does sound a bit middle eastern, so maybe it's better he didn't hire me as his AlObama campaign manager. Also, I'm not yet 2. But I digress...)

Anyhoo, it's sad to see how few pictures there are of me as of late. I had my dad download pictures from the last month, and there were fewer than 30 of them....fewer than 30! With this shana punum, you can't even get 1 per day?



OK, so it's a shana punum, but a very dirty shana punum.

On that point, how many bananas do you think I can stuff into my mouth?



What I have noticed is that my parents are taking more videos of me. I think this is a fair trade, only because I am even more cute in real life. Here I am doing a bit of a magic trick...escaping from my high chair. I have NO idea how I got stuck in that position, but I still beam with pride at my escape technique!




Have I ever mentioned how much I like being tickled?





So anyway, there were enough pictures for me to throw a few uber-cute ones at you.

I'm learning to use the ipod. I can actually change songs now to find my favorites!






OK, what's with this picture? Oh yeah, I was trying to do a front flip, and failing miserably.





And to finish off, three ludicrously cute pictures in succession....like a 3 gun salute to Spencer!









Happy Memorial Day to all the veterans in my family! Oh wait, we're Jewish. Enjoy the day off work then!

Love,
Spencer

No comments: